The most coveted time for most high school and college students. Being a college student after years away, I have never really cared for spring break. Just a week off to do what I need to do. Now as a mother I have kids to take care of and housework to catch up on since I have been slacking with trying to keep up with homework and tests. My break started off with this weekend and my in-laws coming up to visit. We ate at a buffet then went shooting. It was a long day but fun and the boys got to play with their tio (uncle) so they had a blast as well. I am fortunate to have in-laws I get along with unlike many horror stories that I hear!
Today is back to the normal of this household, well if you can call life with three boys normal! I discovered two of my goldfish have fin rot after having them for a year and a half. So I took some steps to help them but need to find some medicine for them to help them heal. Baby is wanting to be held constantly today and the older two have been
driving me nuts playing constantly and won’t sit still. I wouldn’t trade this life for anything though because I love these kids so much and they make my world go round!
Being a mom of young kid’s isn’t easy. Heck being a parent in general is not easy. It is so worth it to see their smiles, hear their laughter, and watch them sleep, that wonderful moment when they are dreaming and there is silence in the house. You can’t deny you love that moment too!
Here is to my spring break and hoping I can get some fun time in here as well before I start up with homework next week!
As the holidays are rapidly approaching (seriously, way too fast I still feel like it is summer!), we all get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the cleaning, cooking, traveling and gift shopping. We tend to forget about the meanings of the holidays we celebrate. So here I am with a few days before Thanksgiving and not much idea on what I am going to do. I babysit a few children and one of the kid’s I babysit, his mom invited my family to Thanksgiving with them as we don’t have any family out here or who will come visit. So it just got me thinking on what I am thankful for.
1. My family. Need I say more? I have a wonderful husband, two amazing toddlers, my parents and siblings and of course my extended family even though we don’t see each other often anymore. Yes they get on my nerves, and I get on theirs, but that is what family is for. My family tree is full of nuts, and you know what? I like it that way because it makes every get together interesting!
2. My children. My flesh and blood. Two amazing boys that I grew and carried in me for 9 months each. They are growing up all too fast it seems and I know before long they will be moving out on there own while I hope that I taught them what they need to know to survive. The two men in my life that I would do anything to protect, even if it meant losing my own life.
3. My husband, My spouse. My partner in crime. The father of my children. There is no way I can truly express how thankful and grateful I am to have him in my life. We have had a rough row to hoe and yet we have still made it through with not many clear signs of the future getting any better. We have our plan in place though to improve our life for us as well as our children and I know we will make it happen. He puts up with my insanity, my family, my insanity. Haha! He really is amazing and even though our dating and marriage what not really traditional, we had fun and don’t regret a thing.
4. Children I watch and their families. Sure it may seem a bit odd, but if it was not for them I would not have the extra income to help out with staying home. I also would be on my own for Thanksgiving with no family to see and no friends. So I am thankful for them to keep my mind busy and for the socializing with their parents.
5. My best friend. We have pissed each other off and always made up. We tell each other everything. We live hundreds of miles apart and both have our own lives but he has always been there when I needed a shoulder to cry on or someone to vent to.
What are you thankful for in your life? Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas or not, we all have something we are thankful for.